The Retail Merchandising Certificate of Achievement prepares students for entry level positions in the fashion retail and merchandising industry including;
- Retail buying
- International and sustainable sourcing
- Product development
- Brand management
- Wholesale and retail marketing promotion
- Fashion forecasting
- Visual merchandising
- Wardrobe stylist.
Student learning outcomes
Upon successful completion of this major, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate fashion markets, trends and brands and their influence on consumer purchases.
- Implement policies and strategies of fashion marketing to sell fashion merchandise.
- Identify and apply the elements and principles of design, lighting and color theory to fashion exhibits and displays.
- Collaborate as a team member in the promotion and planning necessary for fashion show productions.
Course Prerequisites and Advisories:
Courses in a program of study may have prerequisites or advisories; that is, courses that must or should be completed before taking that course. Please check for prerequisites or advisories by clicking on the course numbers in the Program Requirements section.
All course requirements with a grade of 'C' or better.