The Fashion Design Assistant Certificate of Achievement prepares students for entry level positions in the fashion design industry including;
- Assistant designer
- Production fitting editor
- Production construction editor
- Technical production illustrator
- Fashion illustrator
- Assistant pattern maker
- Sample maker
- Fabric and materials coordinator
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this major, the student will be able to:
- Design garments, using both flat pattern and draping methods, draft patterns from sketch, and select appropriate fabric and trims.
- Assemble a sample garment by cutting pattern pieces, and collecting appropriate findings according to specifications.
- Research and identify the cyclical fashion trends.
- Analyze garment features to interpret fit, line and design, color for individual figures.
- Analyze fashion styles and designs appropriate for knitted fabrics and incorporate construction techniques specifically used with knits.
- Prepare a business plan for a start-up fashion retail company.
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze fashion design methods and applications.
The requirements for the Fashion Studies: Fashion Design Assistant program are:
Gainful Employment Disclosures – 2019
Program Name Fashion Studies: Fashion Design Assistant Certificate
This program is designed to be completed in 9 months.
This program will cost $2,796.00 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with N/A of debt.
The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: CA
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov